Jesus: The Ultimate Action Hero
What Happened on the Cross
- Transference. Leviticus 16:20-22, Hebrews 13:11-13
- He became sin for us. 2 Corinthians 5:21
- God placed the punishment for our sins on Him. Isaiah 53:6
- The Father then turned His back on the Son, pouring out His wrath against all sin. Isaiah 54:7
- Jesus died, and He sprinkled His own blood on the mercy seat of the heavenly temple as a propitiation.
- This satisfied the wrath of God against sin. Romans 5:9-10
What does this mean to us now?
Removed our Sin. Psalm 103:12
Blotted out our sin. Isaiah 43:25
Redeemed us. Romans 3:24
Tasted death. Hebrews 2:9
Made us His children. Galatians 4:4-7
Set free from the power of sin. Romans 7:4-6