Sermon Audio: The Up Close God
Speaker: Pastor Val Watkins
Scripture Text: Acts 17:16-34
Size: 15.6 MB
Acts: Life In The Spirit
The Up Close God
The up-close God wants you to get close to Him if you are willing.
I. Getting Close to God Requires More than Religion (Acts 17:22-23a)
A person might be very religious, but never really come close to God.
II. Getting Close to God Requires Believing the Truth about Him (Acts 17:23b-31)
1. He Created Everything (Acts 17:24a)
2. He is totally Self-Sufficient (Acts 17:24b-25a)
3. He gives life, breath, and everything else to mankind (Acts 17:25b)
4. He is a divine strategist (Acts 17:26-27a)
5. He is not far from any of us (Acts 17:27b-28)
6. He is much more than man’s grandest idea of Him (Acts 17:29)
7. He has overlooked past ignorance, but now requires repentance (Acts 17:30)
8. He will judge the world one day by the Man He raised from the dead (Acts 17:31)
III. Getting Close to God Is What He Wants from Us (Acts 17:26-29)
He has made Himself accessible to us. He does want us to seek Him and search for Him, but He wants us to find Him; He is not far from each of us!
IV. Getting Close to God Begins with Repentance (Acts 17:30-34)
Repentance is absolutely necessary, if you want to get close to God.
What will your story be?